October 30th is #AskAnArchivist Day.
In summary, this is an opportunity for archivists to:
- Break down the barriers that make archivists seem inaccessible.
- Talk directly to the public — via Twitter — about what you do, why it’s important and, of course, the interesting records with which you work.
- Join with archivists around the country and the world to make an impact on the public’s understanding of archives while celebrating American Archives Month!
- Interact with users, supporters, and prospective supporters about the value of archives.
- Hear directly from the public about what they’re most interested in learning about from archives and archivists.
How Does It Work?
On October 30, archivists around the country will take to Twitter to respond to questions tweeted with the hashtag #AskAnArchivist. Take this opportunity to engage via your personal and/or institutional Twitter accounts and to respond to questions posed directly to you or more generally to all participants.
For complete details, please see the Society of American Archivists webpage