Job postings with a closing date older than one month will be removed from this page. If you have a job, internship, or volunteer opportunity you would like to promote with Seattle Area Archivists, please email us at seattle.area.archivists @gmail.com.
JOB OPENING: LEAD ARCHIVIST AT THE WINTHROP GROUP
LEAD ARCHIVIST – Seattle, WA
The Winthrop Group has an immediate opening for a full-time Lead Archivist to represent the firm’s Information & Archival Services division in the Pacific Northwest. We are seeking an entrepreneurial archivist with exceptional interpersonal skills who is comfortable working in a wide variety of client settings (corporate, nonprofit, etc.), developing new business in the region, and enhancing the ability of our clients to benefit from their heritage and archival assets. This position requires someone who will thrive working independently while collaborating with Winthrop colleagues in New York City and around the country.
- Work as a lone arranger for existing clients: processing, preparing/refining policies and procedures, responding to reference requests, researching and summarizing findings in writing, conducting oral history interviews, and interacting with client managers and employees at all levels of an organization
- Supervise and collaborate with other archivists on selected projects
- Participate in on-site meetings with potential clients and develop proposals that include project scope of work, timelines, pricing, and staffing
- Conduct collection surveys and evaluations, interview stakeholders, write client reports including prioritized work plans and budgets
- Represent Winthrop in every aspect of professional work and responsibilities, including helping to maintain the firm’s reputation, client relationships, and network of archivist colleagues
- MLS/MLIS with a concentration in archives or other graduate degree with certificate in Archival Studies or ACA certification
- Minimum of 5 years working in archives
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, manage time effectively, and complete projects on time and within budget
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Travel to other states in the Pacific Northwest and West for client work or meetings
- Strong commitment to client confidentiality
- Problem solver with a positive attitude who is able to listen closely, develop solutions, and speak persuasively about archives to non-archivists
- Strong commitment to archival advocacy and outreach
- Ability to lift and move 40-pound boxes
- Administrative skills and supervisory experience
- Experience in archival consulting and/or interest in business development
- Previous work in a corporate archives or with business records
- Familiarity with developing and managing budgets or calculating project costs
- Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) certification or pursuing certification
- Oral history experience
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications with strong benefits package.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with the subject line Lead Archivist – Seattle, WA.
More info about Winthrop on their website: http://winthropgroup.com/about/page/career-opportunities#lead%20archivist