Digital Archives, Project Adviser
Summary: Seeking experienced Archivist or digital Librarian as the Lead Adviser/Consultant fora new digital archive for a private collection of historic documents and photographs. This is a part time project, flexible hours, to start in July 2019, lasting about 8-10 weeks. The completed Archive should meet archive standards and best practices accepted by special collections and preservation institutions.
Scope of effort includes developing an Archive project plan with technical specifications; about three (3) on-site meetings for project evaluation; some technical support via phone conference calls; and guidance to the Archive Assistant (graduate MLIS) who will perform on-site work and scanning process.
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in MLIS or Archival Sciences; or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience developing digital archives for special collections, museums, or libraries;
- Experience with applied technical specifications and technologies for archives;
- Knowledge of modern archival concepts, standards, best practices and correct application;
- Knowledge of information and digital technologies for special collections and archives, including scanning, archiving, and processing historic content of all types;
- Experience with digital exhibits/display software; file access and security; web publishing options; (eg, Omeka, ArchivesSpace, Content DM, etc)
- Skills to guide/direct staff on archive development, technical issues, project management;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills, MS Office, email, Internet search.
Compensation: Commensurate with credentials and experience.
Please send cover email and resume to email below.
Contact: Anne Lemaire, Program Manager