King County Archives is seeking a highly qualified candidate to serve as an Assistant Archivist. The Assistant Archivist supports the Archivist in management of the Archives and works collaboratively as part of the Archives team in providing high-quality customer service; fulfilling the legal, ethical, and professional responsibilities of the Archives; and in support of the Records and Licensing Services Division and King County priorities.
This is a full time position that closes Wednesday, November 6th at 11:59 pm.
For the full job listing, and directions to apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcounty/jobs/2610289/assistant-archivist?keywords=archives&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.
Digital Archives, Project Adviser
Summary: Seeking experienced Archivist or digital Librarian as the Lead Adviser/Consultant fora new digital archive for a private collection of historic documents and photographs. This is a part time project, flexible hours, to start in July 2019, lasting about 8-10 weeks. The completed Archive should meet archive standards and best practices accepted by special collections and preservation institutions.
Scope of effort includes developing an Archive project plan with technical specifications; about three (3) on-site meetings for project evaluation; some technical support via phone conference calls; and guidance to the Archive Assistant (graduate MLIS) who will perform on-site work and scanning process.
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in MLIS or Archival Sciences; or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience developing digital archives for special collections, museums, or libraries;
- Experience with applied technical specifications and technologies for archives;
- Knowledge of modern archival concepts, standards, best practices and correct application;
- Knowledge of information and digital technologies for special collections and archives, including scanning, archiving, and processing historic content of all types;
- Experience with digital exhibits/display software; file access and security; web publishing options; (eg, Omeka, ArchivesSpace, Content DM, etc)
- Skills to guide/direct staff on archive development, technical issues, project management;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills, MS Office, email, Internet search.
Compensation: Commensurate with credentials and experience.
Please send cover email and resume to email below.
Contact: Anne Lemaire, Program Manager
Medical Records Specialist
Open Until Filled
Library and Archival Professional
Permanent, Full Time
Open Until Filled
Western Archivist Institute
Two Week Program
Applications Close March 1st
Full Time, Sno-Isle LS
Data and Digital Scholarship Librarian
Full Time, UW – Tacoma
Full Time, Pierce County LS
Media Preservation Librarian
Full Time, UW – Seattle
A historical gated community in Shoreline, WA is seeking a motivated individual to assist the management with processing and organizing historical documents and photographs. This is a project-based position which can fit the schedule of the intern, beginning immediately.
- Create and maintain an informational framework with which to organize historical documents
- Scan and label photographs, documents, maps, and other materials
- Intern will gain experience in developing the organizational matrix and master key of a private archive
- Current student or recent graduate in Archives, History, or Library Science
- Strong research and organizational skills, experience with prior informational structure
Proximity to Shoreline, WA, access to a car for commuting
- This project would be an ongoing, six-month fixed project beginning immediately.
- Possibility of extension
- On average, 15-20 hours per week
Please send resume and cover letter, along with pay stipulations, to:
Kris McRea, consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org 425.417.6100
Chihuly Studio is a lively and world renowned art studio based out of Seattle. We have a rare opportunity for a dynamic, experienced Archivist to join the Registration team.
Our Archivist is responsible for collecting and accessing Chihuly’s biographical and historical career information as well as contributing to the accuracy of information for marketing and publications.
Click here for the job posting!