Seattle Area Archivist members,
The results are in and the membership voted to adopt the proposed change to the constitution to shift the membership year from October to October to January to December. Here’s what’s new for members:
Annual membership fees ($15 for individuals and $10 for students) for 2014 are due by January 15, 2014.
Payments are being accepted this October, November and December, as we transition to the new schedule. 2015 membership fees will not be due until January 2015.
A membership renewal reminder will be sent to all SeaAA members in late December or early January.
Memberships not paid by January 15, 2014, will receive one reminder to renew byJanuary 31, 2014 or be dropped from membership.
Membership fees may be paid online via SeaAA’s new PayPal account or via mail using the PDF form. Both can be found on the membership page of this website.
Thank you for participating in the vote and supporting Seattle Area Archivists with your membership. Please encourage non-member colleagues, associates, students, etc., to join as well! Membership benefits include:
- Discount for SAA DAS courses held in Seattle.
- Quarterly professional development presentations at our general meetings held at different archives in the area. Attendance counts towards ACA certification maintenance!
- Regular networking opportunities with SeaAA members — and in 2014 with Seattle ARMA chapter members and AKCHO members.
- Sound Archivist quarterly newsletter: get published here! We welcome your submissions. Readers enjoy issues packed with interesting articles, local projects and events, and ways to connect with colleagues.
- Annual Solutions Roundtable paneled by experts and addressing pressing issues in archives.
- SeaAA listserv, which is a great place to field questions, perplexing problems, and get great advice.