Due to the continuing inclement weather, Seattle Area Archivists has decided to cancel our Tuesday, February 12, 2019 winter meeting and tour of the Virginia Mason Archives. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to reschedule soon. Stay warm and safe out there!
It’s the new year and that means it’s time for membership renewals. If you’ve already renewed, thank you! If you haven’t, please head over to our membership page to renew via Paypal (or to download a renew by mail form). Your membership dues help support our social events, workshop scholarships, and more.
RSVP Here: https://goo.gl/forms/kyAPpEEDiidcFitJ2
Meet us at 11:30 at the Woodinville Heritage Society, 14121 NE 171st St, Woodinville, WA 98072!
A historical gated community in Shoreline, WA is seeking a motivated individual to assist the management with processing and organizing historical documents and photographs. This is a project-based position which can fit the schedule of the intern, beginning immediately.
- Create and maintain an informational framework with which to organize historical documents
- Scan and label photographs, documents, maps, and other materials
- Intern will gain experience in developing the organizational matrix and master key of a private archive
- Current student or recent graduate in Archives, History, or Library Science
- Strong research and organizational skills, experience with prior informational structure
Proximity to Shoreline, WA, access to a car for commuting
- This project would be an ongoing, six-month fixed project beginning immediately.
- Possibility of extension
- On average, 15-20 hours per week
Please send resume and cover letter, along with pay stipulations, to:
Kris McRea, consultant – email@example.com 425.417.6100
Chihuly Studio is a lively and world renowned art studio based out of Seattle. We have a rare opportunity for a dynamic, experienced Archivist to join the Registration team.
Our Archivist is responsible for collecting and accessing Chihuly’s biographical and historical career information as well as contributing to the accuracy of information for marketing and publications.