Experienced Archivist Consultant
Tolt Historical Society at Carnation (THS) has received a grant from 4Culture to develop a collections care plan for its archive and wishes to contract with an experienced archivist to develop the plan.
Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in relevant area
Minimum 3 years’ experience with archives, collections or similar
Experience with historical photos desired
Contact THS to apply at: ToltHistoricalSociety@gmail.com
THS currently has three vertical filing cabinets that contain original photos, documents and ephemera that are, for the most part, currently unprocessed. This is creating significant preservation and access issues for volunteer members who maintain the collection and fulfill requests for information.
The collections care plan would consist of:
- Conducting an assessment of the materials held in the filing cabinets to determine condition and current arrangement
- Identify and document materials with an immediate preservation needs
- Make recommendations for purchasing archival storage supplies
- Develop and present step-by-step procedures to be used by the THS Board , interns and volunteers to bring best practices to the collection
- Train one or more members of the organization in these procedures who will then go on to train others
- Provide limited follow up consulting during implementation
- Time estimate is approximately 60 hours
- Deadline for application October 7, 2019.