A private archival repository in Bellevue, WA is seeking a motivated student/recent graduate to assist the institution with processing photograph collections. This is a term position starting the first week of April and ending June 22nd, 2018 (with possibility of extension). The intern will work two full-days per week (16 hours).
- Scan or photograph negatives, prints, and other types of material to preservation standards.
- Metadata entry according to institutional standards.
- Intern will work with two professional archivists and may receive additional experience in the field of archives in areas such as arrangement and description or preservation.
- Current graduate student, or recent graduate, in the areas of Archives, History, or Library Science.
- Research skills, familiarity with Macintosh OS, and knowledge of archival theory and practice.
- Flexible weekdays: First week of April – June 22nd, 2018
- 16 hr/week (two days per week)
- Possibility of extension
- Bellevue, WA
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Jonathan Lawler, Archives Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org