From Aaren Purcell, Records Manager, Seattle Public Schools:
Come spend 20 hours a week in the public school archives wrestling with electronic and paper school board records and bringing order and light to our building-property-construction files. We are currently using archivespace to manage the process and public access to the collection, but the position would also help out two days a week with public access – interesting genealogy question to construction blue prints on Wednesday and Friday. The rest of the hours/days are flexible.
A private family archives in Bellevue, WA is hiring an Archives Manager. For more information, see the job description. To apply, send resume and cover letter to Jonathan Lawler at archives AT pistolcreek.com.
A private archival repository in Bellevue, WA is seeking a motivated student/recent graduate to assist the institution with processing photograph collections. This is a term position starting the first week of April and ending June 22nd, 2018 (with possibility of extension). The intern will work two full-days per week (16 hours).
- Scan or photograph negatives, prints, and other types of material to preservation standards.
- Metadata entry according to institutional standards.
- Intern will work with two professional archivists and may receive additional experience in the field of archives in areas such as arrangement and description or preservation.
- Current graduate student, or recent graduate, in the areas of Archives, History, or Library Science.
- Research skills, familiarity with Macintosh OS, and knowledge of archival theory and practice.
- Flexible weekdays: First week of April – June 22nd, 2018
- 16 hr/week (two days per week)
- Possibility of extension
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Jonathan Lawler, Archives Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
King County Archives is hiring an Assistant Archivist in Seattle, Washington. This is a full-time, permanent position, closing October 9, 2017.
For more information and to apply:
The King County Archives is seeking an Archives Reference Specialist (AS II). For full details and application instructions, please visit the King County Jobs page here and click on the Archives Reference Specialist position. The deadline to apply is March 15th.